MANAGING MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL DESIGN AS ONE
Manage MCAD and ECAD seamlessly
Working together with MCAD/ECAD
In today’s competitive Electronics and High-Tech market, ECAD, SCHEMATICS and MCAD teams must work together seamlessly in order to get winning products faster to market.
Products are increasingly using electrical and electromechanical components as part of their design. Adding to the fact that development tools and databases are dispersed, many companies are challenged with looking at the “right” version of a released product. Furthermore, it’s challenging to understand the physical status, as ECAD (PDB), Schematics and 3D CAD tools are not the same.
- CAD collaboration and format conversions.
- Assembly management – clash detection.
- Enterprise view of information
Schema to physical design in Creo
- End-to-end design tools for schematics, cabling and harness manufacturing.
- Standalone 2D Schematics tool for cabling design – Creo Schematics.
- XML integration from E3 and Eplan to Creo Cabling.
- Associative change process.
- Complete 2D-3D Cabling solution.
- Auto routing, flexible components.
- Harness manufacturing.
- Production lists, cable lengths.
ECAD to MCAD integration
- An interface between ECAD (PCB) authoring tools and Creo.
- ECAD-MCAD Incremental Data Exchange (IDX) between team members.
- Cross-domain management including ability to preview updates and accept/reject individual design changes.
- Capture design change history who changed what, why and when.
Talk to us
Digital transformation is everything. Get it right! Talk to us. Our team is on hand to answer your questions.Get in touch