The automotive industry is undergoing rapid change
The automotive industry is experiencing unprecedented change. Technologies such as connectivity, autonomy, shared mobility and electrification are rapidly changing the automotive landscape and increasing the complexity of automotive products. These changes bring many challenges to automotive manufacturers and service providers.Get in touch
The introduction of autonomous driving technology has added another layer of complexity
New regulations, changing consumer preferences and technological progress
One of the biggest challenges is increasing competition as companies strive to meet consumer demand for affordable, efficient, and technologically advanced vehicles. This requires car manufacturers to stay ahead of the curve in engineering, manufacturing, service, sales and marketing, and other aspects of automotive production. Another challenge is the need to improve operational efficiency to maximize revenue while reducing costs.
In response to these challenges, automotive companies are investing heavily in research and development (R&D) to remain competitive and take advantage of new technologies. Automakers are also focusing on improving efficiency through automated processes and lean manufacturing techniques to reduce costs while increasing production levels. In addition, they are developing new product designs that meet the increasingly stringent environmental regulations of various governments around the world.
- Retention of talented workforce
- Less vehicle sales
- Disrupted supply chain
- Shift from ownership
- Change in customer behavior
- Connectivity & autonomy
The emergence of shared mobility solutions has also opened up a new market segment that car manufacturers must consider as they develop their strategies for the future. Companies must now focus on developing vehicles that provide users with a safe and enjoyable experience while optimizing operations through the use of connected technologies such as mobile networks and GPS navigation systems. The introduction of autonomous driving technology has added another layer of complexity to vehicle production that manufacturers must address to remain competitive in this rapidly evolving industry environment. By staying ahead of trends, thoroughly understanding customer preferences, using new technologies wisely, and optimizing processes effectively, automotive companies can meet today’s biggest challenges and set themselves up for tomorrow’s long-term success.
Automotive Industry Solutions
PDSVISION has a long history in the automotive industry, with manufacturers, OEMs and suppliers worldwide from PLM solutions to E2E implementations.
- Configure and build the digital thread to support the end to endproduct development from concept to service
- Configure, enable and integrate MCAD, ECAD and ALM to build an integrated “MechaSofTronic” bill of materials (BOM) with all multi-disciplinary content data
- Define and configure classification hierarchy and classify the existing parts for effective and efficient management of buy parts and associated manufacturing and vendors parts
- Configure and implement closed loop enterprise wide change (ECR, ECN, Deviations, Waivers) and quality (complaints, NC, CAPA, SCAR, Audit) management process
- Bi-directional integration of PLM and other EIS (enterprise information systems), especially ERP to publish change notice, parts and BOMs to downstream systems
- Define and configure real time collaboration framework for design and manufacturing between the automotive OEM and their supplier network