PTC CREO TOOL DESIGN EXTENSION (TDX)
Easy interfaces for mold and casting
Improves your productivity by eliminating data translation between CAD/CAM applications
PTC Creo Tool Design Extension (TDX) is the essential 3D CAD tool for design professionals who need to create increasingly high-quality mold inserts, cavities, and patterns in the shortest possible time. Thanks to the powerful parametric surfacing capabilities of PTC Creo TDX, engineers can easily create even the most complicated single and multi-cavity (injection) molded parts.
PTC Creo TDX has a suite of 3D CAD tools specifically designed to speed up the design of molds and casting models. With robust functionality and two easy-to-use, process-driven user interfaces—one for molds and one for casting patterns—designers can quickly create inserts, casting cavities, and patterns regardless of geometry complexity.
A process-oriented workflow guides you step by step through the process. The automatic parting surface creation and parting make it very easy for even casual users to create complex tools quickly and efficiently. By automating many of the labor-intensive processes involved in injection molding design, PTC Creo TDX streamlines the process, giving you more time to create innovative, high-quality tool designs.Creo CAM Solutions
Creo Tool Design Extension (TDX) is the essential 3D CAD tool for professional designers who need to rapidly create higher quality mold inserts, casting cavities, and patterns
How can PTC Creo Tool Design Extension (TDX) help your team?
- Define extremely complex geometry for (injection) molded parts with single and multiple cavities
- Assess injection molding draft, undercut and thickness issues and examine forming and secondary forming tooling
- No data conversion errors as an integrated CAD/CAM solution is used from concept design to manufacturing
- Tool models, drawings and electrodes are updated automatically
- Penetration testing and mold opening simulation reduce the risk of errors in injection molding design