MCAD/ECAD in PTC Windchill (PLM)
Products are increasingly using electrical and electromechanical components as part of their design. Adding to the fact that development tools and databases are dispersed, many companies are challenged with looking at the “right” version of a released product. Furthermore, it’s challenging to understand the physical status, as ECAD (PDB), Schematics and 3D CAD tools are not the same.
- Release and change management.
- Shared libraries and part reuse.
- Component sourcing and supplier management.
Why improve the collaboration between ECAD, Schema and MCAD teams?
- Streamlines electromechanical design collaboration processes, reducing time-to-market and decreasing costs.
- Improves design quality; seamless integration reduces errors and improves data integrity.
- Enhances traceability of the design IP, for knowledge capture and design reuse.
PLM Solution – One single BOM to manage
Manage Schema/ECAD versions, release libraries, components and component 3D information in one single source, together with mechanical design. Windchill PDMLink allows you to manage all aspects of product design.
- One single enterprise BOM for management and release
- Enterprise change management for all development disciplines.
- Synchronized component libraries
- Direct integration to ECAD authoring tools (Cadence, Mentor, Altium and Zuken).
- Direct integration to Schema tools (E3, Eplan).
- Enterprise visualization for ECAD and MCAD.
- Parts classification.
- Component sourcing and vendor management.
- BOM analysis.