Geometric dimensioning and tolerance
Geometric dimensioning and tolerance – GD&T Advisor is a software for defining and communicating engineering tolerances.
A necessary part of the design process is to add the geometric dimensions and tolerances that determine how a detail may vary. This is often perceived as time-consuming and manual steps that ultimately become uncertain and difficult to interpret. GD&T Advisor is an interactive module that provides expert guidance on how GD&T should be applied properly in detail. It controls the user in the creation of GD&T as per ISO standards in the users’ 3D CAD working environment and ensures that the part’s shape and position tolerances are compliant while providing improved productivity and quality.
- Increases productivity, increases design quality and reduces the product cost
- Reduces the number of clicks and time consumption by up to 75%
- Improves the understanding of the complex ISO standard by providing guidance every step of the process
- With full detailed control eliminates errors and reduces subsequent design changes
GD&T Advisor is an interactive software tool that provides expert guidance on the correct application of GD&T
Functionality – GD&T Advisor simplifies the four critical steps in the application of GD&T
- Creation – efficient, intelligent application of functional GD&T symbols in a 3D CAD environment
- Validation – visual and function-oriented analysis of GD&T
- Education – provides extensive help content, informative tooltips and interactive GD&T quick reference help is available
- Reusability – creates intelligent CAD annotations that are useful in subsequence processes including production, tolerance analysis, fabrication and inspection