PTC CREO LAYOUT
2D layouts connected to 3D design
Optimizing 2D design concepts
Many companies in the manufacturing industry use 2D software for concept development and switch to a 3D model for the final data. To transition from 2D to 3D, designers need to convert and import the 2D information into a 3D CAD system for further use or recreate the 3D model using the 2D information as a basis. This process is time-consuming and error-prone.
Creo Layout is a 2D CAD application that allows you to utilize the advantages of 2D and 3D CAD as part of the product design. Easily and confidently make detailed product designs in 2D using Creo Layout, adding additional data for example product dimensions and notes. Then you can utilize this 2D information as part of your 3D design with Creo Parametric. It is also excellent to use for 2D designs in the 3D world, such as signs, stickers and similar.Datasheet – Creo Layout
Create 2D conceptual designs and reuse them as the foundation for 3D models
How can PTC Creo Layout optimize 2D design concepts?
- PTC Creo Layout generates 2D designs as a basis for creating 3D models in PTC Creo Parametric
- Create, edit, and manage 2D geometry with a comprehensive set of tools
- Creation of 2D designs partially, fully or unconditionally
- Eliminate the need to interpret and recreate 2D designs in 3D, avoiding errors and delays
- Use of existing 2D data such as DWG, DXF and IGES files and cross sections from PTC Creo Parametric 3D models
- Accelerate time-to-market and foster innovation by designing and manufacturing new products concurrently
- Leverage 2D drawings for downstream design of structures and assemblies
- Targeted propagation of changes from 2D design to 3D models with update controls